Agnostic.com

4 2

25 percent of americans have single mom households, which is why America has the highest prison population

[facebook.com]

FrancoFran 5 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, its because the U.S. has a judicial system designed to ruin lives and increase the likelihood that when offenders serve their time and are released they have little chance of a life outside of poverty.

There are certainly other factors as well such as poverty, poor education, and unemployment. Poverty is the primary cause of crime.

Because 25% of the husbands are in jail? I am joking . . . . . however, this is quite interesting:

Here are the top ten countries with the largest prison population per capita, based on the latest available data from the World Prison Brief as of September 2021:

United States - 655 per 100,000 (0.655%)
El Salvador - 604 per 100,000 (0.604%)
Thailand - 463 per 100,000 (0.463%)
Turkmenistan - 443 per 100,000 (0.443%)
Belize - 439 per 100,000 (0.439%)
Russian Federation - 409 per 100,000 (0.409%)
Rwanda - 398 per 100,000 (0.398%)
Brazil - 370 per 100,000 (0.370%)
Costa Rica - 355 per 100,000 (0.355%)
Panama - 342 per 100,000 (0.342%)

Note that the percentage figures represent the proportion of each country's prison population to its own total population. It is important to keep in mind that the reasons for high incarceration rates can vary widely among countries and may reflect a range of political, social, and economic factors.

Statistically, Father's make better single parents. That is interesting.
I agree with the end, that dual parents in a stable relationship provides the best environment to nurture a child. I'm liberal enough that 2 parents don't need to be the same sex, just two.

puff Level 8 Mar 25, 2023

@FrancoFran That is ideal, but 2 is better than one. These sort of thing's are the general rule, but there will be exceptions because of our individuality. The kid grows up amongst 2 differing personalities.
I do agree with you that if it is 2 mothers, there should be a male who is a constant in the child's life also, ideally. And vici verca

The progressives don't want to hear that though, and blame all the ills in society on guns. Anyone that I ever knew personally and who came from a one parent family all had suffered from some sort of behavioral problem, or ended up in jail.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715775
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.