Agnostic.com

1 0

Should states ban various breeds of dogs?
Some states ban pit bulls and other breeds.This is ongoing and several groups of people are trying to stop it. BUT is there any credibility to cause the bans? This guy adopted a Rottie that killed him the first day home. The dog was a stray not an owner turn in so there was NO history on the dog,
[usatoday.com]

My theory after watching a group of people that protection train dogs (by anyone) is that the dog makes the decision to attack if it senses a threat. The people doing this are seeking a dog to protect them but they are letting the dog attack without a command and that is very dangerous.

[worldanimalfoundation.org]

"Breed-specific laws are a catchall that targets pit bulls, which technically don’t exist. It unfairly includes the American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, English Bull Terrier, and mixes of these breed dogs, regardless of the dog’s temperament, history, or ownership

This regulated breed category also includes the American Bulldog, Chow Chow, Dalmatian, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, and Rottweilers or their mixed breed offspring in some specific jurisdictions."

Currently, more than 1000 cities across America declared breed-specific laws instead of identifying the breeds. Most aggressive dog breeds below. This is a list I tweaked because there are much more dangerous dogs than a Rottie or shepherd.

1. Pit Bulls
  2. Rottweilers
  3. American Bulldog
  4. Bullmastiff, all Mastiff's, they are very strong and if not trained NOT to bite they will bite.
  5. German Shepherd
  6. Cane Corso, Dogue de Braslio The Dogue Brasileiro is mainly used as a guard dog and a protection sport dog. Known as The Urban Guardian, the Dogue Brasileiro is a strong and compact dog, adapted to the modern urban environment. The breed was created to be a great guard dog. VERY great.
  7. Siberian Husky
  8. Wolfdog- illegal in most states
  9. Alaskan Malamute
  10. Boxer
    This pit bull ban affects innocent dogs and their families. It punishes them simply for existing."
K9Kohle 6 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because some people can't be trusted some breeds are made to suffer. Owners should be required to be licensed and go through a training program for larger breeds of dogs.

Betty Level 8 Mar 26, 2023

I always tell people my dogs are well trained because they go thru OB classes, (I really only use them for distractions while training) but some loose neighborhood poo-mixes are always loose and won't come when called. I suggested about 2 months ago they take OB classes but it's a futile effort. It's so easy to train a dog to "come". Carry hot dog pieces in a plastic bag and when the dog trots over to visit you say 'Come. Good Fido" then pass out a hot dog piece. Easy for anyone to do,

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:715954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.