Agnostic.com

4 5

Granted the U.S. is a fucked up country with an average of one school shooting a day and second amendment freaks refusing to do anything about it, despite the US Supreme Court saying you don't get any kind of gun you want. Of course just as ridiculous is a quote like this after yesterday's mass shooting in a Nashville school: "Together, we trust in the power of Christ to draw near and give us the comfort and hope we desperately need.”
How come that power never works to stop any of these shootings? And why don't those blind individuals ever think about that?

lerlo 8 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Guns, goons, gold and god. The American disease.

Repugnicans refuse absolutely to use their brains.

Guns are a commercial issue, the largest arms dealer in the US Walmart, the NRA is supported not by the rank and file members, but by the gun and ammunition sellers and makers. I refused to renew my NRA membership when they went from advocating gun education to gun ownership.

I have been hearing repubs say that the Democrats were coming for their guns since the 1960s, it hasn't happened yet. But guess what, while they were holding onto their guns a bunch of other rights got stolen from them by the repubs without them even noticing.

In the US it is so steeped in tradition it is like a cultural issue. "America and guns go together like peas and carrots" to misquote a famous American.

puff Level 8 Mar 28, 2023
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716334
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.