Agnostic.com

3 2

I always get frustrated with the parental analogies about God.

#god
cglenharris 3 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Christian God as a father

1. Gets a 14-year-old girl who is technically his own daughter pregnant by rape and sends someone else to tell her he is going to do it, then does it anyway.
  2. Lets another man raise his child and does not show his face for 30 years, nor pays any sort of support, but then turns up to tell his son how proud he is of him and how much he loves him after letting his cousin try to drown him in a river.
    2a) Lets his nephew get his head cut off by a tyrant who wants to screw his own daughter, so said nephew does not over shadow sonny boy in the book and film version of his life.
  3. When his son becomes a wanted criminal, for hanging out with revolutionaries and assassins, tells him not to worry, it is all part of his plan that the boy be tortured to death, stabbed and locked in a cave, so that after three days he can become a zombie and start all over again, all because a mythical woman pinched an apple thousands of years ago, when a talking snake told her to.
  4. When his son asks him not to do this, because it all makes no sense and is in point of fact fucking insane Daddy God pretends he has a call on the other line and hangs up on him.
  5. Watches his son get nailed to a cross, and hung out to die, when being omnipotent, he could have just called the whole thing off,
  6. Gets angry with his son when he screams in agony for help and demands to know why his loving father has abandoned him in his hour of need. SO angry he causes an eclipse during which an enemy soldier is allowed to stab his son who totally deserved it for being such a crybaby wimp.
  7. Brings his son back to life after three days and then gets bored so tells the boy he is beaming him up home, and that he might be allowed to come back out and play later, but not for at least 2000 years, if all his friends are good little boys and girls until then, and start a shiny new religion.
  8. Goes and hides for a couple of millennia

Ladies and gentlemen Father of the Year, now love and obey him or burn in eternal fire forever
Well why wouldn’t you?

The scribes of the time must of had a field day making up these fantasies.

Parents are real. All gods are fictions. Anybody who tries to pull that damned-fool stunt on me gets sent packing with a flea in his ear.

A flea? You're generous.

@Betty I did wonder about sending him away with cauliflower ear, but that might bend the steel in one of my steel toe-capped boots.

@anglophone Well...you're more flexible than I am. I would go with an uppercut. 😉

@Betty To the chin or to the goolies?

@anglophone Since I'm short, whatever I can reach. 😉

I don't know, the Christian god is a fairly good analog for an abusive narcissistic father. Who mistreats his children, subjects them to extreme abuse, imposes deviant sexual practices on them, and then tries to demand love and respect by force.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.