Agnostic.com

3 3

Cape Verde Islands, god forsaken place.

#god
Jolanta 9 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When we’re you there?

Two days ago.

@Jolanta Which island were you on?

@Marionville The main one. Forgot the name.

@Jolanta Santiago….I believe.

Isn’t that where hurricanes often spawn from systems plopping into the Atlantic basin from Africa? I often hear of CV seeds. Maybe I should flick these photos off for causing the Caribbean and beyond so much heartbreak and trauma.

Strange. I was always told that they were quite lovely.

Some of them are quite lovely!

I wonder how heavily hit they are by Saharan dust:
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

They have started developing them for tourism…the sand on the beaches is so fine and white. I was there with my son Graeme for a Christmas break in 2015. It reminds me of what the Canary Islands looked like in the middle of last century when they just started turning into an all year round major tourist destination for Europeans…especially those looking for winter sun. I really enjoyed my holiday there, the resort we were on was on the island Sal and it was a short courtesy bus ride to the nearby town of Santa Maria with its bars & restaurants..

@Marionville That is what I heard, in fact I had considered going, before they get too overdeveloped.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.