Agnostic.com

1 0

Some thoughts from a retired doctor -

'The problem is many layers deep. Being a retired doctor and researcher, I can tell you that even if you're dealing with a caring, concerned, careful physician, one who might even try as best he/she can to "keep up" with the literature (which is essentially how to keep up with how to use the newest drugs in some way, shape, or form) you're also dealing with a physician that was brought up in the Medical Matrix, where training is in drugs, tests, and expensive diagnostics and procedures.

There is essentially NO training whatsoever in how to help people be healthy or stay healthy, in natural medicines, in use of old-time meds repurposed for novel uses, in use of supplements or special foods for treatment, etc.
My cardiologist brother is one of the kindest, most generous, most thoughtful people I've ever met, yet he, because of his training, is unknowingly also one of the most arrogantly ignorant, as in, "if I don't know it or believe it, then it's either not true or not important."

He wouldn't say that in so many words, but when I told him several years ago that unfortunately the system of "medicine" in the US, especially at the top and in the agencies, has been totally corrupted by money and a revolving door with Big Pharmafia, he interrupted me mid-sentence and said, "You could never convince me of that, so don't even try."

He went on to state that he has good friends in research who do their best to find cures, blah blah blah, not even really hearing what I said. I was in the system for >20 years before I started to realize just how compromised the system was.
Anyway, I now tell people that they need to start learning for themselves how to take care of themselves, until the system can be changed to once again focus on health and natural solutions, and not on expensive and dangerous toxins.

As a doctor, I have some training in diagnosis and examination and in use of some useful drugs and of drug side-effects, etc., but I am FAR from being a competent healer, in the true sense of the word. And I'm one that saw the Matrix for what it was >20 years ago, meaning I'm in a small minority and most of the rest are even more useless.'

BDair 8 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is your opinion on placebos?

Placebos is like a sugar pill, which more harmful than giving them nothing. I lived my life rarely ever going to doctors because all the healthy food and medicine are all in nature,.

@Castlepaloma Not according to the latest research, which shows they can have a remarkable effect on the brain, inducing it, for example, to release hormones such as dopamine and reduce pain.
A parallell is to be found in the power of witch doctors.

The Placebo effect is well established.
Mind over matter.

@BDair ... The interesting thing is that now researchers are coupling it in with "live" MRA brain scans and watching how the brain "self-medicates" under the placebo's influence. It is also being studied in comparison to hypnotism.
One amazing discovery is that in certain cases a placebo has an effect even when the patient knows it is a placebo.

It has been demonstrated that some people
can control their bodies in remarkable ways
through meditation.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.