Agnostic.com

4 0

[fb.watch]

Ukraine is another unwinnable ecomicwar for US and can't be a 51st state. Russia dose not want it either, they want to continue economic trade.

Castlepaloma 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[fb.watch]

US troops boots on Ukraine ground

wow, this morning @Courtjester made what many thought was the stupidest post Ever, but here comes you........Ukraine a 51st state, yuppers, one of the things i think about daily........

Since America's conception , they have stolen huge landmass and turned into new states all along the way. You maybe right, it's not economical to steal another state so far away with more of Russians interest in it, it was long standing joke. Or to win another war since the six shooter in the Mexican war. Most of the world knows well now, the red flag US politicians and media are tops at propaganda war, Finding weapons of mass destruction in Canada won't work in stealing our Canadain water neither.
We got hunters and hockey fighting men.

Liberals are always full of opinions but never have facts to speak to. Keeps it comical.

@CourtJester

It will be funny yet challenging for a wail, until the apocalypse starts unveiling their BS.

@Petter beat me to the obvious question.

I will simply add that dictators have a habit of claiming that others making defensive alliances somehow is a threat to their own state. Example: In 1939 Hitler claimed that Britain and France pledging to fight on Poland's side in the event of an attack, was sufficient provocation to make that very attack and trigger the defensive alliance (and thus the world war). Putin's claim that the mere possibility of Ukraine joining NATO was a threat to Russia is a transparent pretense for war. NATO members are pledged to defend one another in the event of attack... Ukraine joining would only be a military threat if Russia were already planning to attack (for which there is ample evidence, witness the annexation and invasion of Crimea and the sponsorship of separatist movements in the East). Putin's ambition to incorporate Ukraine in a new Russian empire has been plain to see for years.

If Russia wanted free trade, they already had it, no invasion needed. Russia wants trade on dictated terms, just like the good old days of the USSR. (Yet another parallel with Hitler...)

Since Ukraine is far down the list of America's trading partners, it's hard to see how you characterize our aid to them as an "economic war"... especially since its being given at our own expense and with no discussion so far of repayment. The goal is to resist Russian aggression and preserve a free and democratic Ukraine.

Russia is no old communism USSR as things have reverse in our G7. The bigger picture for most narrative blinded is by the greater proparganda war ever. The economic weapons and social attacks on Russia is far greater than one war on Ukraine. It's just a pawn in Russia greater strategies war with NATO breaking treaty setting up along most important Russia/Ukraine boarders. US blowing up North star pipeline was the best hit on Russia yet. . The real war is this cold 3rd world war. The G7 is collapsing wail the current BRICS five now contribute 31.5% of global GDP, while the G7 share has fallen to 30%. The BRICS is expected to contribute over 50% of global GDP by 2030, with the proposed enlargement of Middle east countries joining BRICS certainly bringing that much further forward. Also NATO countries make up 1/8 of the world population, wail BRICS+ will be soon more than half of the world population, Wail NATO Is greater in military complex budgets war machine's yet war solves nothing, only helps the wealthy. The greater death in war is not in Ukraine. It is the civil wars like skyrocketing poverty. Or Pharmaceutical weapons of covid vaccines and gender industry. Screw with greenpassports or 15 minute cities. BRICS not stopping fossil fuel or yuan or free trade, gold as they own most of it and not crowding people into bike and walk cities. The BRICS has 4 times the land mass than NATO's. Also the G7 continies will soon turn into centro banks digital currency backed by nothingness, a never ending story. Government credit score and cyberwars for more of their mass ceremony suicides contribute to vicious financial collapse of a house of cards and paper tiger empire.

@Castlepaloma Would you translate that, please. I have difficulty understanding you.

@Petter

NATO has been sneaking or breaking Ukraine/Russia treaties made back in the 1990s. The treaty is about dearming nuclear weapons and NATO boarder countries connected to Russian boarder. . US certainly didn't like Russian nuclear missles in Cuba that almost created a world war 3.
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba stated that more than 20,000 volunteers from 52 countries have volunteered to fight for Ukraine. Plus 100s of billions of dollars of aids and miltary weapons from NATO nations. NATO don't have the number of troops and Ukrainian lack the training of NATO'S war machine to compete with Russia. Russian will be generating financial help from the BRICS trades, fossil fuel, yuan and gold.. Wail G7 and NÀTO lack alternatives energy and financial, wail in a energy and financial crisis. Their greatest financial plan is suck $100 trillion over climate
Change out of the broken and collapsing suckers.

@Castlepaloma Number one, if you have any actual evidence for the U.S. sabotaging Russia's pipeline, I'd love to see it. Like most "attacks" on Russia since WW2, this bore the hallmarks of a false flag operation.

Second, there was never a treaty about NATO expansion; there was a general understanding with Gorbachev that NATO would not encroach on the former USSR. NATO did not invade anyone to make them join; member nations choose to join. And the only nuclear weapons in those states were the former Soviet ones, which are long gone back to Russia.

It seems at the moment that Ukraine's military has considerably better training than Russia's.

And Russia had a thriving trade with Western Europe, until the invasion of Ukraine. Putin cut off supplies in an attempt to blackmail Germany etc. into abandoning Ukraine. Ironically, he himself pushed an increase in green energy to make up for the gas and oil that were no longer available... just as he himself motivated Finland and Sweden to ask to join NATO.

Your anti-American, anti-Western, pro-Russia bias has become obvious enough for me to wonder if you're just one of the KGB's troll farm. But I feel like they would be better at it.

@Paul4747

1. that would the dumbest thing Russia could ever do is blow up their own economical business. I would not put this kind of thing pass the US Like stupidly collapsing their own empire, like pirates hanging on to the treasure as their ship sinks.
  2. Nato membership of many parts of the old Soviet Bloc, and the prospective membership of Ukraine to the alliance, poses a threat to Russian sovereignty.

But the decision to accept former members of the Warsaw Pact, the defensive alliance which included the USSR and several eastern European countries, is being subject to a revisionist history. Nato promised not to expand eastwards after the Soviet Union dissolved.

I'm not anti anything, it's just the BRICS and Russia swinging over financially to a better direction than G7. Being a pacifist I've make a terrible KBG or Fed agent. I did spy on Russia ice hotel and ice carving in exchange in teaching them or《 spying) on my sandsculpture workshops , They brought me the best sculptor in Russia,and they were the best students I've ever had.

@Castlepaloma NATO poses a threat to Russian sovereignty how, exactly? Does Russian sovereignty include all the former members of the USSR?

NATO members are only a threat to Russia in that they will defend one another in the event of, for example, a Russian invasion. So you are complaining that Russia can't invade its neighbors at will anymore?

This is like calling Taiwan and South Korea a threat to Chinese sovereignty.

If Russia does not want it, why did Russia invade it?
Nine years ago it invaded Southern Ukraine and annexed Crimea.
It also backed Ukranian rebels in the East. Then, following a full scale invasion of Ukraine 1¼ years ago, it announced the annexation of Eastern and South Eastern Ukraine.
Nothing short of complete subjugation (ie. Colonisation) of Ukraine will satisfy Putin.
An excellent parallell is the invasion of Finland 80 years ago. Thanks to gritty and determined defense of their homeland by the Fins, Russia was fought to a standstill, but it managed to annex beautiful Karelia.

One piece of information I learned a year ago: that Finland actually was part of the Russian empire before 1917. Russia has always tried to gobble up weak neighbors, that's why it is so huge; always expanding, until it meets real resistance.

@Thibaud70 Actually, a large part of Russia, along with Belarus and Ukraine, originally belonged to Eastern Scandinavia. (Sweden/Finland)

You would probably enjoy visiting this URL.

When Viking Kings and Queens Ruled Medieval Russia
For four centuries, Vikings held sway over parts of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, with the greatest expansion happening under Prince Oleg the Prophet.

[history.com]

@Petter Yes, I know, but that was long long ago. After the Vikings came the Mongols, the Golden Horde, and I'd say that their influence remained stronger in Russian society than the legacy of the Scandinavians.

@Thibaud70 Yes, but more in the East and South.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719730
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.