Agnostic.com

2 4

I am a huge proponent of the Death with Dignity movement (my late partner opted for this) and follow all ideas on this issue. I was able to get a letter published in all three of our local papers which included an NPR link. Thing is this issue, like so many, is basically based on religion. It is only allowable in some dozen states and Canada. Mostly, the religious zealots say its unnatural and plays god with a person's life. My take is, taking an aspirin is also playing god. People will go to any length to sustain their life but taking a med. to end it is wrong. The religious nuts say they can’t wait to meet Jesus, but not just yet. This issue was covered in an episode of PBS’s ‘Crash Course on Philosophy’ which also linked the subject with abortion. Problem was, this episode missed some very important issues.

jackjr 7 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a taboo topic.

WHY?

I just urged NV Legislature to support this measure for this session. My plan would be to become an OR citizen, should such a diagnosis happen, if NV doesn't.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:719736
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.