Agnostic.com

0 0

One of the first songs I wrote back in the seventies was called "Do What You Want to Do". Sadly, I can't even remember the song and it was never recorded. It wasn't a very good song but it expressed an attitude I retained all of my life that has always gotten me into trouble, got me fired from many jobs, and left me without many friends, and ultimately led to the author taking his own life. Nevertheless I was compelled by some unknown force to follow it, because I somehow knew that there are few second chances in life and that our paths are not pre-destined. This song, which I wrote a number of years later, after reading Thomas Wolfe's novel with the same title, tries to express, rather presumptuously, in one short song, the feelings that obsessed Wolfe through two very verbose novels, "Look Homeward, Angel" and "You Can't Go Home Again" Do it now, because there are no second chances.

fishline79 7 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:721862