Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Why Women Are 15% More Likely to Earn a Degree Than Men - Richard Reeves - YouTube

I have met Reeves and also enjoyed his demeanor. He's a good thinker and we should listen to what he's telling us.

rainmanjr 8 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe this but, there are still female exceptions to the rule. One only has to look at certain politicians to see that.

I'm more interested in the aspect of understanding differences and working to stop the derogatory put downs (like "Toxic masculinity" ) which do nobody any good. I have said for many years that we have a chance to try for equality and ought to do that but that's not how it's working out. Oh well. Women are only going to rule over lands that are becoming inhospitable.

@rainmanjr Unfortunately women can be as men in having a miserable childhood affect how they see the world.

@jackjr And everyone's childhood was miserable. That's what entertainment media tells us all the time and audiences nod their heads so we must, on some level, believe this. Women like to jump in and "help" each other for various reasons that I think have more to do with building power in an unsafe situation (they are muscularly weaker and slower to a vicious physical response than males) and have final power at home. This gets into twisted views of what's powerful but that's outside our discussion (and men have developed our twisted views). The point is it's about power and children don't have much of it.

@rainmanjr I agree in part but not everyone's childhood was miserable. Many of us have fond memories to look back on.

@jackjr I mean to say that a great many believe their childhood to have been awful because that's an understood foundation of modern entertainment. Parents will tell their kids how awful their childhood was, as well. This is merely a condition of having no power as a kid.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:722081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.