Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Iowa's 'heartbeat' bill bans abortion after six weeks - The Washington Post

One of the legislators who passed this law hailed it as a law that "protects the unborn and their their mothers." I'm sorry. I don't think that these (male) lawmakers give a flying fig for the life of either! Oh, sure-good talking points in for their rallies and church groups and Trumpian voter bases, perhaps. But do I see them ALSO passing legislation to ensure that these women get adequate medical care, housing, and nutritious food for said children whilst they grow up? A way for mothers to AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THESE CHILDREN? Good schools? I see none of these things! (And a woman is far more likely to die trying to abort illegally than through a procedure at an a clinic.)

BookDeath 8 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

DIY ladies...band together!

They all want to bring them into the world regardless of physical condition but then abandon them after they are born. No health ins.child care, no food at schools,poor education,poor housing, no leave from work to care for child,and many others.

Many women don't even know they're pregnant at six weeks. This gets very close to a straight-across abortion ban.

The legislature don't seem to bothered about the rights of children in Syria or other places in the world - but as they're muslims its OK I guess?

@BookDeath er that was kinda my point. Perhaps I should have rephrased it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.