Agnostic.com

15 2

Books can someone suggest...

Can anyone suggest any good books to read, I'll pretty much read anything, from science fiction to autobiography. Please comment your favorite books,

LCPerez 4 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Redshirts, John Scalzi

American Gods
Novel by Neil Gaiman

The Scarlet Letter
The Reader
Lady Chatterley Lover

Thanks everyone, I'm headed to the half-price books, I like the feel of a book, even though I have a Kindle

The Fourth Hand

Proto Level 6 May 3, 2018

that made me chuckle

Small Gods by Terry Pratchett.

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. It will disturb and keep you awake.

The last two books I read (besides my computer related books I read on a daily basis) were Chris Kyle's book, "American Sniper" and his wife's book (post Chris' death), "American Wife.". Highly recommend both.

The Little Prince by A. de Saint-Exupéry. (Must be the edition with his own drawings.) One of those rare books which can delight children and adults equally, though for different reasons. It will reconcile you with the human condition, if reading the news makes you despair of it! Philosophy "lite", compared to the likes of Hegel or Kierkegaard, but certainly not lacking in depth. Charming, will make you smile... and do expect the odd tear too !

The Monster Hunter International series by Larry Correia.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest reading Jurassic Park.

Astrophysics for people who are busy Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'll have to get that one

I’m reading The Man in the High Castle

My latest favorite is The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. It's about the evolution of human values and morality, and how our evolved values affect today's culture and politics.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.