Agnostic.com

5 7

I just heard a new term "Rewildization", meaning the period where a captured animal is reintroduced to being a wild animal. I like that idea and think that I am in the first stage of that. Now that I am definitely old and getting more and more decrepit, it feels like I am getting more and more like a wild being slowly recovering from being captured. And the first piece of music plays here: Rave ON Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Can't wait to see where I go next.
Byssy Holly and the Crickets: Rave On

Spinliesel 9 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think I ever truly left the wild state -- if my musical tastes and travel preferences are any indication -- so I think what I'm doing now is just running with it. With impunity. LOL

I’m not sure if I’d call the state I’m in at age 78 as “rewildisation” …but I certainly care less for social niceties and mores. If I want to potter around all day in my pj’s listening to music I love played at volume….it’s my business and nobody else’s…!

We have a dog that's kind of the opposite. She was a wild rescue stray and was a 'bolter' for us. We had to not let her near an open gate. A trainer friend told me that it's common for a stray to take 18 months or more to figure out that 'this is her new home'.

We still don't entirely trust her even after 11 years and we still have a sign on our front gate warning visitors to watch out for her. Although if she ran out we're sure now she'd come back fairly quickly (unlike when she was younger).

She’s lovely!

@Marionville
She's pretty much the most athletic dog we've ever had. But she's not a ball chaser.
At the dog park when some other owner throws a ball for another dog, Chai races to get to it -- she almost never loses. But then she just stands over the ball and waits for the other dog. 'Here it is' I guess.

She's definitely her own person but she's been a joy.

2 in one day 👌

enjoy your freedom, cause trouble, it's more fun.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:730031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.