Agnostic.com

2 4

Get the Cranky Uncle App and develop your critical thinking skills.

Cranky Uncle game: building resilience against misinformation

The Cranky Uncle game uses cartoons and critical thinking to fight misinformation. The game was developed by Monash University scientist John Cook, in collaboration with creative agency Goodbeast. The game is now available for free on iPhone, Android, and as a browser game.

Cranky Uncle builds resilience against misinformation.

It does this through inoculation - building immunity against science denial by explaining the rhetorical techniques and fallacies used to mislead.

The content and cartoons were created by John Cook from the Melbourne Center for Behaviour Change at the University of Melbourne.

Copyright © 2022 John Cook crankyuncle.com

Game developed by Goodbeast.

[crankyuncle.com]

nogod4me 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is terrific! Spread the word!

Amazing! How'd you find this, m'dear?

I've had the App on my phone for about a year now. I learned of it from Skeptical Science.

Their mission is simple: debunk climate misinformation by presenting peer-reviewed science and explaining the techniques of science denial, discourses of climate delay, and climate solutions denial.

Get the Skeptical Science App:

iPhone: [skepticalscience.com]?

Android: [skepticalscience.com]?

@nogod4me THANKS! I found it on the play store.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:731141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.