Agnostic.com

4 1

Further to my previous post about Messenger: I sometimes receive messages from people but they don't seem to receive my reply. I don't know how to tell them that I'm not deliberately ignoring their messages!

Carbine 6 Oct 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

NO ONE is receiving replies.

Thank you. I think I'll take Spike Talon's advice on this one!

@Carbine Who?

@KateOahu Oh, sorry. I'm never sure what's visible on here and what's not. Spike Talon also replied to my post and suggested "find one of their recent posts and leave a comment letting them know that I received a message from them but could not respond ".

I would find one of their recent posts and leave a comment letting them know that I received a message from them but could not respond directly, and that usually prevents any confusion.

One doesn't have to be on here long to see numous discussions about Messenger...it seems you can receive One message but not reply, ever. ( you can write smething, but it disappears promptly.

The moving finger writes and, having writ, moves on...

It seems to be the state of affairs here now. They likely know it already because the same has probably happened to them. If not yet, they will soon. It is a neglected and broken site.

But the fact that the security certificate was eventually paid gives me hope that the owner intends to return at some point. I understand he is preoccupied with another project at present.

skado Level 9 Oct 3, 2023

Indeed he is, and thank you by the way for voting on one of my posts on SLUG, even though my participation on that site now is less so than on here, and I'm not that active on here much these days either.

What is that project? I am reminded of a friend’s son, who suffers from ADHD. He goes from room to room, leaving a mess everywhere he goes.

@KateOahu

Yeah, there are a lot of spectrumy people in the computer related fields, and I'm not saying that disparagingly - I'm probably somewhere on that spectrum myself. It wouldn't surprise me if he was involved in more than one project (he has started more than 20 internet companies) but the project I'm aware of is an actual brick and mortar venture in the North West. I don't know much about it.

@skado lol…I know I’m on the spectrum, so your statement is validated…I worked in IT…starting back when it was Data Processing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:732803
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.