Agnostic.com

5 2

Spell Check

Why does it not work on first post replies on here, its so irksome.

GregGasiorowski 6 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If there is a problem with site features, include in you post "@Admin" so ti comes to the attention of the site operator(s). Be specific about the problem, and it helps to include info on whether you are using a computer, with which browser, or are using an app, and with which operating system.

The more info you provide the sooner the problem will be cleared up.

NOTE: My placing @Admin in my reply will already bring attention to the issue, but you may want to add specifics.

I too have notices that the spell check is spotty, but have not noticed any pattern myself. I have noticed that spell check has a limited vocabulary, and that my computer's spell check does not work when the site spell check is working. Running Windows 10 on a PC, using Firefox. Normally I can right click to get properly spelled word replacement choices.

Win 10. Firefox, misspelled words only receive a line red line under with no option to correct, works fine on secondary replies such as this.
I will not use Chrome under any torture. 😀

@GregGasiorowski Interesting, the spell check on the site for me appears to just shade misspelled words. My computer has its own spell check, which doesn't work when the site's spell check is working. Still, I am legally blihnd and my followers on this site have just learned to put up with a lot of typos.

Enterij first cooment no spell checkSpell Check

I think it is browser sometimes. /under setting or tools in chrome I read not all browsers provide spell check. I think it might happen on enterin

Spell check has been working recently. but I was looking at settings and tools on Google Chrome. Those 3 dots at end of link line. if you click on that a down menu appears with several
selections. Sometimes I check settings. They seem to change randomly. I also look at tools. I read a sentence where it said some browsers don't have spell check. I am not profficient

Whatever happens in Google Chrome, stays in Google Chrome, I don't go there unless in a lurch on a tablet.

Because first posts are normally checked by the writer so as not to look like a dick. Exactly as I have just done !

That is what I gave examples of I gave you first comments. It seems that is where it does it to me. I have found it the same as you.

Yeah, I love having to right click, highlight, google search, every frigging word in question &/or copy paste into Word, its so frigging convenient.

@BettyColeman
Yipeee, someone agrees with me at last ! Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.