Agnostic.com

3 2

So you think that Israel is committing war crimes killing Palestinians in Gaza in revenge for the October 7 slaughter & kidnapping of Israelis in Palestine?

Forgotten victims of 9/11: The 363,000 civilians killed during the War on Terror
"the vast, uncounted mass of civilians slain by Americans remains far outside the popular understanding of 9/11. On that day, 2,977 people were killed, and the US has avenged these innocents many hundreds of times over. US airstrikes alone have killed as many as 48,308 civilians, according to conflict monitor Airwars.

But neither the public, nor the victims’ families, will likely ever get a full accounting of the deaths. The American government has steadfastly avoided true accountability on the ‘War on Terror’, from explicitly refusing to count bodies, to half-heartedly committing to transparency, to outright revelling in the killing of innocents.

Each year, America and the world mourns those lost in the atrocities of 9/11. Yet 20 years later, we still don’t know how many others should be mourned along with them for the atrocities that followed.

More than 363,000 civilians have been killed in the War on Terror, according to an estimate from Brown University’s Costs of War Project. . And many times more people have been slain after the battles are over. Cumulatively, the overall civilian death toll could very well exceed 1 million people, when taking into account indirect deaths from war that come from destroyed infrastructure and hospitals, disease, and displacement, Neta C. Crawford, a Boston University political science professor who directs the Costs of War project, told The Independent.

And that’s just what we know from afar.

Because Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen and other post-9/11 battlefields are war zones – where the US has launched more than an estimated 90,000 strikes – large-scale attempts from researchers to count the dead remain difficult.

“It’s going to be very hard until these places are peaceful to figure that out,” Ms Crawford said.

The biggest hurdle, however, has been the US government itself. After years of agitation from families, rights groups, and journalists, the US military began publicly disclosing how many civilians it kills each year in 2018, but it regularly undercounts that figure to the point of near-irrelevance. A New York Times investigation, for example, found that during the air campaign against Isis in Iraq, 31 times more civilians were killed than officially acknowledged."We may never know how many innocent people US forces killed during the War on Terror – and that’s intentional, writes Josh Marcus Thursday 09 September 2021 19:35 BST

[independent.co.uk]

Perhaps the voices of outrage will now become even louder? We may even learn that 9\11 was not committed by those whom Bush claimed committed the act! . . . And then the extent of the horror of the tragedy unleashed against humankind will be realised.

FrayedBear 9 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Big difference between the war that followed 9/11 and now. Many people initially believed the lies that rationalized that war. But quickly realized that it was all bullshit. Looking for nuclear weapons and going after bin laden and all that. But two wrongs do not make a right. The US didnt Intentionally try to kill all Iraqi or Afghanistans. Israel however is intentionally trying to kill all Palestinians, Hamas or not ! That seems obviously clear. They should not be getting unconditional support to commit genocide.

It true , it's on Benjamin map to eliminate Palestinians from the map. Benjamin draw a line from India through the Persian gulf to Sweden a pipeline of oil and gas. What happen to the battery plan to save the earth? It's all in the matrix and chess game called life.

That sounds like the excuse of all bullies.
Imagine if N.Korea had had the ability to nuke Washington in the early 50's, or N.Vietnam in the 60's & 70's, Chile on 9\11, . . .the list is almost never ending.

One can attempt to change the narrative, but genocide by the definition of their own accord is still genocide. I'm not suggesting you've done this on purpose, however. Going into Afghanistan under the context of hunting down Al Qaeda as the pretense, but then turns into an invasion for a war with the Taliban. In which the Taliban offered on at least 2 occasions to Hunt down Bin Ladin themselves and turn him in, which would have provided the lack of having to even send US troops there, to be killed. I often refer to that as the murdering of your own when war is a purposeful deception. Same as with the Iraq war. Which I'll get to. Between the 2 though, approximately 8000 men and women of our families were killed in these wars built on lies and deception. More have committed suicide since coming home of approximately 30,000. Along with 10's of thousands physically and mentally harmed.

This was a deceptive measure on 2 fronts. The Taliban knowing the region as their homeland were much more likely to be successful in capturing Bin Ladin, compared to Bush pulling the CIA and troops out once he was trapped in Tora Bora, leading to his escape into Pakistan. While the military complex benefitted off a 20 year war, and the cronies of the Afghan government benefitted from a restructuring of the opium farming and trade. Bush is on record at least twice claiming he doesn't care or think about Bin Ladin. Proving the reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan was a facade. It was purely a hegemonic maneuver for warring profits, restructuring the opium trade, geopolitical control for particular people to benefit from that cost uncountable civilian deaths. Genocide. There are most likely still many Afghanistan war lords there who are sleeping on a mattress stuffed with cash that was brought it with each US commander as they revolved periodically taking in millions each time.

You seem to clearly understand the deception of the Iraq war. Yet can't connect the purposefulness of it? Israel will never kill all Palestinians either. They may be successful in their expulsion, but kill them all, no. Same as with Hamas. Yet it was a purposeful genocide campaign. For pretty much the same reasoning as I mentioned above and various other attributes. Give or take. Add Syria to the fray.

Genocide ---- [en.wikipedia.org]

one things this article forgets to tell you is that the countries that were attacked in the so called war on terror were not trading in petrol dollars they were trading in their currency. the federal reserve does not like that and the global bankers have just about got everyone using there dollars up until now.... do you remember Muammar Gaddafi what year was it the UN had world countries meeting in New York Libya was not invited so he come to New York set up a big tent across the street from the UN and told as many people that would listen to him that he was going to start a currency based off of Gold.... the CBC in canada showed this and i remember thinking because you know how the media tells you the story this guy is bad and off his rocker and like many i believed the media.... i don't believe the media on very much these days the global bankers were responsible for his death with the help of media...much like Saddam Hussein was hunted down captured and a bogus court held just seems like what i got out of it. the globalist that want a better world are not speaking about a better world for you and i, they want a better world for them so they don't need to world as hard at controlling the people that live on this planet.

It just another 9/11; like all the major red flag wars. It's a another scam to pipeline oil or natural resources out of the persian gulf of middle east. Whats killing 6 million Muslims people.much difference than France or British murders. Right from the Columbia first gave pirates, Christianity, gold, genocide slavery and its carried on for 500 years.

@Castlepaloma it's time people wake up to this shit and maybe we can stop it!

The BRICS and it's 6 new members a month from now, will make up half of the world population. Screw US dollar and petro dollars, it's worth is like toleit paper. BRICS uses gold backing currency and free trade, that the west refuses to wake up from. East are not buying into genderisn as a culture build back better policy with good and services. I've created my own private world bubble to protect my circle of love ones. From Madd greedy who will self destruct from the weight of their own tag team of mafia megalomania

Hey!!! its serious fun venting with someone, and not put in line line of right, left, right, left March, all the time.

@Castlepaloma yea i am attacked daily...from spelling to what you think your a doctor....lol

No because Hamas needs to be destroyed.

How dose one destroy an ideology, one way or other Palestinians must select or elect another government and military which will be labeled again terrorists. Israel only killed 10,000 and half were children or babies. Israel are as much heros as Americans victorious over the Indians. Imagine that, how dare those Indians trying to steal the white mans land.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:736401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.