Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK The Mystery of Earth's Disappearing Giants | IN OUR NATURE - YouTube

Earth's Mega-fauna. What do we think happened to them all?

snytiger6 9 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's not economical to be big. You need more food, water, bigger shelter, etc. Im times of drought, you could be in big trouble. I haven't listened to the video. It's just a hunch.

Not to mention human impact and our decimation of the natural resources of the planet. Obviously in our small numbers, we did not kill off these guys, but even today species are dying out because of our destructive nature. We're not killing them with kindness.

I kind of hold with the idea that mega-fauna still exists in Africa because there it co-evolved with humans and was able to adjust to how humans changed environments.

@snytiger6 I would maintain that it continues to exist (1) because the ice age did not affect africa as much as the rest of the planet (2) destructive technology isn't as rampant in the african nations.

@TheoryNumber3 I doubt it there is any one or just a few reasons, but it does appears that man does contribute largely to influence extinctions.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:738901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.