Agnostic.com

13 0

is global warming and CO2 good for the planet Earth?

• 1 vote
  • 20 votes
dc65 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bad for us and most things alive now, I don't think it affects the earth all that much,

the allowable limit of CO2 on our navies atomic submarines is 8000 ppm
and on the space shuttle it is 5000 ppm.
These limits are considered safe for human beings and I suppose animals to

this one is interesting. I hope I see some new, some

[listosaur.com]

dc65 Level 7 Dec 26, 2017

this looks good very interesting article please be open minded and remember long ago people thought the earth was flat remember remember agnostic people and atheists are the minority.

[theblaze.com]

dc65 Level 7 Dec 26, 2017

For millions of years the production of green house gases was regulated by the natural systems of the planet. Humans changed the balancing act beginning in the second have of the 1700s at the start of the industrial Revolution.Human technology will ultimately be its downfall.Whats all this foolishness about not being bad for the planet but only bad for the plant and animal life . What is the earth without animal and plant life just a rock floating in space

it won't be good for us and many animals but the earth doesn't care because it's just a big rock like trillions of others.

If you consider rapid environmental change a good thing then it is. If you think that testing the limits of survival of the fittest on the flora and fauna of the Earth a good thing, it is. If you consider the self elimination of the species causing it and the new burst of evolution that it will ultimately drive good, then it is.
I however, prefer my changes a little slower, thank you very much.

It's not harming the planet itself it's harming the majority of the life on this planet. After we are gone the planet will heal and a new form of life will emerge just as we replaced the dinosaurs before us. As long as we don't destroy the planet it will be fine.

Betty Level 8 Dec 9, 2017

Well I know it's not good to huff on fumes from my car running in a closed garage and I do know a great majority gets trapped in the atmosphere. I also know that CO2(becomes nitric acid) and other particulates eventually end up in our soil when it rains, soil that produces the food we eat. Even if we were to play favor to the deniers, undoubtedly it cannot be good in the long term for our health nor is it an infinite solution with resources. But I'm sure humanity will wait until the eleventh hour to do much... Did anyone see the video of the dying polar bear trying to scavenge for food?

Lightning produces nitrogen oxides in the atmosphere that become nitrogen oxides
when the nitrogen oxides combine with water vapor nitrous acid and nitric acid
that combined with elements in the soil to produce nitrate for the plants to grow
the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere in 1890 was about .03% today the atmosphere
contains about .041% but all in numbers we see are grossly distorted. They're
using logarithmic graphs that makes a slight increase looks like a large increase
anyway whatever the cause of global warming is people will continue to use
more energy and emit more CO2 to the atmosphere. Nobody wants to give up their
air conditioning washing machines televisions and automobiles. So we need to learn
how to live on a warmer planet. And if it's just a natural cycle the planet
might start cooling we have had very little warming since about year 2000.

Technically, it's not bad for the planet. It's bad for some of the inhabitants.

i feel a bit frustrated at the 'initial-ness' of this question. I thought we had general agreement on the fact the global warming/co2 is not good for us.

I think it's the greatest threat life on our world has ever faced except perhaps nuclear annihilation.

Studies suggest not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.