Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK DeSantis shoots down idea that Jan. 6 rioters displayed patriotism: ‘Of course not’ -- The Hill

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis 🌈 said the Jan. 6 rioters did not display patriotism, responding to a question from by an Iowa voter during a town hall Thursday.

“Did the Jan. 6 insurrectionists display patriotism, as some of them claim they did?” the voter asked at a CNN town hall in Iowa.

“No, of course not. That was not a good day for the country,” DeSantis responded. “I think the media has taken that and the left has taken that and really tried to politicize it, but it was not a good day for the country.”

“Patriotism, to me, is when you put yourself out there and put service above self,” the governor continued.

DeSantis’s remarks come two days before the third anniversary of the Jan. 6, 2021, attacks on the Capitol. Jan. 6 has become a major part of President Biden’s campaign message in particular. On Thursday, Biden’s campaign rolled out its first ad of the year, zeroing in on Jan. 6, and the president is set to mark the anniversary Friday near Valley Forge, Pa.

(I think the "left" rightly made a big deal about it, as over 140 Capitol police officers were injured, and they wanted to prevent the peaceful change of leadership. DeSantis appears to be more concerned about the political fallout than the actual danger to the constitution and democracy.)

snytiger6 9 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So interesting, that DeSantis is thinking ahead to pointing out the bus-tire marks left on drump.......such a character-filled guy, be he.

No, it was not a display of patriotism. It was people misled by a leader's lie rioting against the state. And they are being justly tried for their crimes. What a mess.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:742204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.