Agnostic.com

7 1

How do we get Congress to work again?

Marine 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fire them all, hire new ones get rid of money incentives and make them work for their pay

starve the fuckers and make them work.

Until they restrict what lobbyists are allowed to do, mainly gifts and campaign contributions, l don't see anything changing.

Almost every law that is written is done by a lobbyist . My daughter is one.

Pro is the opposite of con. So congress must be the opposite of progress. (Stolen from Gallagher). All I want is the laws to apply equally to all. Not sure I want these clowns (both parties) to do anything because we have seen so little good come from them due to unintended consequences.

Elect someone else in 2018, send a message to the ones left! Then in 2020 boot them out too if they haven't seen the light!

Cut their . But they would have to vote on it. Thats not going to happen. lol.

If we are to make Congress work again we must appeal to the conscience of the liberal leaning few republicans that still exist. Our democratic leaders must realize that this is necessary if we are to past legislation of meaning even if we win a majority during the next election. It is necessary to build friends among the opposition to be effective. This was the case in the past and it is the only way things will get done in the future.

Another thing we need is a way to keep good fair changes from being reversed by the next regime the way Trump is systematically destroying everything Obama did for what appears to be out of nothing but spite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.