Agnostic.com

1 1

Why do you feel on the up after certain interactions with your dog?

Exploring the neurobiological underpinnings of human-dog interaction benefits
by Eric W. Dolan March 16, 2024
"In a new study from Konkuk University in South Korea, published in PLOS One, researchers have uncovered that engaging in specific activities with dogs can increase brain activity in areas associated with relaxation, emotional stability, attention, and concentration. Moreover, such interactions can lead to a decrease in stress and foster positive emotional responses. This intriguing discovery adds a scientific backing to the age-old bond between humans and dogs, suggesting that our furry companions could play a key role in improving mental health and cognitive functions."

[psypost.org]

FrayedBear 9 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All possibly true, probably even, however I don't need to explain why I share affection with my current and past dogs, I'm just happy and privileged that I do and did.

If the dog chooses you? Yes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:750300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.