Agnostic.com

8 0

Hows donald trump doing as president of the united states?

Can donald trump make a america great again?

msbutterfly18 5 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

cough

Remi Level 7 May 8, 2018

MAGA is just a unifying slogan that happened to work very well. He's accomplished, like them or not, more changes in shorter time than the politicians he followed. Unemployment for minorities in particular is at all time lows. I disagree with his Middle East policies entirely. Nevertheless, over-all, he's done things that the last few presidents could only dream of while capitulating in the face of challenges.

Markets and real estate are soaring solidly, not on zero-sum dreams. He's gutting a lot of bureaucracy and useless agencies. Our energy independence moves are going to result in greater international competition between oil producers with reduction of income from their top customer. Add coal to that mix.

The newly employed, bonused and raised folks and friends and relative witnessing it aren't going to be moved by spin on it from the press. The hysteria ensuing among the media people and the Washington establishment is palpable and they think nobody sees it; sorta like the Emperor who was naked...

Yes, I voted for him, given the alternative; from only two choices. I don't worsip him or have any illusions about sainthood or lack thereof. The partisan herds always romanticize and worship at the personality altar, but fortunately they never determine election outcomes.

Say, aren't you juveniles over the 'Clinton lied' 'Bush lied' 'Obama lied' 'Trump lied' pablum yet? Grow up. All politicians lie. Did y'all know that dogs sniff butts?

He's fucking up. Among other things, it appears he's been fuckin with Russian Mafiosos at least since the early 90s.... I think there may end up being a lot of disappointed supporters when it all comes to light.

He tells so many lies, nobody really knows what he wants to do. About the only time I was pretty sure he was telling th truth was when he was talking bout how much he enjoyed a chocolate cake. Of course if the cake was eaten at one of his own properties, he might have even been lying about that too.

I do nto see how a compulsive liar could ever make America great.

I honestly can't think of anything he has done that I approve of. I also have a suspicion that he is not as rich as he claims. He is very secretive in sharing any information about his wealth. To me he is nothing more than a glorified grifter who convinced a remarkable number of people with his lies.

gearl Level 8 May 7, 2018

A con-man. If you're already super-wealthy you have reason to be pleased. If not, you are being screwed, with or without your knowledge. Mostly he is an embarrassing failure - a misogynist, racist, crooked traitor that the rest of the world either laughs at or despises. On the plus side, some of the checks and balances have contained him and hardly any of his campaign promises will come to pass (the Mexican-funded wall, the drained swamp, locking up Hillary etc.). The best I could say is that some of his instincts, such as wanting better gun control, are not entirely wrong even though he lacks the clout to put them into practice and that some of his wild and poorly thought-out initiatives, such as relocating the US embassy to Jerusalem, may through the mechanism of unintended consequences be accidentally provident. It's hard to imagine how the US has come to this.

In my opinion he is so far doing very well as President.

He's a good businessman, making deals for our country. Property values and interest rates are going up.

Surely you are joking ? Rising property values and interest rates means fewer people can afford a home. How is that good? Pulling out of TPP is the only good thing he has done. He is a con man who got rich partly by cheating his workers. After his numerous bankruptcies no American bank would loan him money. The fact that people think of him as a business role model is beyond comprehension.

Please elaborate - what deals are you talking about, because I can't think of any?
Also, since property is largely purchased with borrowed money, and you claim the interest rates (ie cost of borrowing) are going up, how do you square those two apparently conflicting claims?

@RDaneel “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” H.L. Mencken

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.