Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Hundreds of Southern Baptist women denounce Paige Patterson’s ‘objectifying’ comments, advice to abused women - The Washington Post

Well, bless my soul! 😉 Hundreds of Southern Baptist WOMEN signed an open letter about Paige Patterson (you'll recall I've been posting the links about his stories) condemning his remarks and behavior! Note that they aren't, of course, disputing the ideas that only men should be in positions of authority and that women should submit to their husbands. They just think Patterson used "inappropriate words" and is at odds "with the the Bible's elevated view of womanhood." (Y'all just keep on believing that sort of HS, it makes you feel better. I hope you get woke one day.)

BookDeath 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A true rebuke of the patriarchy in the Southern Baptist convention? Even my mother gave lip service to that, and she wore the pants in our family from the day she married my Dad! ?

They must be very brave

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75511
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.