Agnostic.com

4 10

LINK Ken Burns Steps Up to History with Brandeis Commencement Speech

I've been hoping that large and loud voices will make their voices heard over the increasing cacophony of the cult as we head into this election so I was pleased to hear Ken Burn's commencement speech last week. I've always respected him and his balanced way of presenting and researching history, and the way he has attempted to maintain impartiality, so I feel his need to step out of this role for the first time carries a lot of weight.

This is the entire speech but the focal point can be seen in the shorter video.

Lauren 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Other historians have been speaking out on the problem of trump and the Movement Conservative republicans, so far they do not get the air time that the far right nutters get.
Nice to hear he has 'come out' against tfg.

Are you as conservative as Kens Burns? For emphasis, as CONSERVATIVE as he?

His “249 year old experiment”, is the smallest possible change away from monarchy — rule by one. It is oligarchy — rule by a few.

Most American voters choose who will be their next PREDATORS.

Arizona voters have the DIRECT INITIATIVE and need not accept the Civil War-era abortion rule their state’s Supreme Court gave them.

Voters in about fifteen more mostly western states also have the DIRECT INITIATIVE.

I have it because my state, California, has it. Do you have direct democracy?

No, I'm in Texas and we don't have it.

I'm so glad he spoke up like he did. It was a great speech and I think will help others see the truth about what is happening to our country.

I hope so, too. I think it helps that he's not a politician.

@Lauren I believe that helps enormously. A lot of people have really enjoyed his documentaries and the history lessons, and think of him as a truth teller.

@Redheadedgammy Thank you for always seeing the bright side! You're right, he's a recognized truth teller and his documentaries have never been sensationalized. I'll hold on to that. 🙂

He really called it like it is.

I thought so, too. Very eloquently.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:757055
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.