Agnostic.com

24 1

Would you date someone who is trans?

Would you be open to dating someone who is trans? For the purpose of this question, let's assume post-op.

Someone asked this question on the forums of a dating site I used to use, but I couldn't answer it.

MichaelannD 4 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wouldn't rule it out, depends on the person and chemistry. I am a straight female, not attracted to females but you never know, anything is possible, at this point in my life i just enjoy doing thinks with friends, don't think about their gender or identity, i have friends of all types and never think about it. Most of my friends are either straight females or lesbians, in fact my 3 besties are lesbians.

Out of curiosity I wouldnt rule it out. Think I would probably be more likely to stay friends than let it go any further,but you never know!

It would be fascinating not to know and the find out later,then you would really be facing your prejudices.

Probably not. I wish I could sat that it wouldn't matter to me. I can say that maybe it shouldn't matter to me. But it would bother me.

I consider myself to be heterosexual. I can name several trans women who I would have no trouble dating. I have a friend who is trans and I have learned much by talking to him. There are several women in this site I would have no trouble being friends with. I make this judgment as dating would go nowhere as there are other considerations. Love is hard to find and if one is to limit then one only find that which is in those limits, I try not to limit myself as there is much more to life.

I once did for a short while, but we had different goals in life. We parted friends but I lost track of her years ago. She was very nice and we enjoyed each others company. My life experience has been quite varied.

Yes. While I am not blind nor color blind, love sees no color nor gender

Dating doesn't imply sex, so if she appears to be female and looks nice, I would never know.

In a heart beat..😀

I would. First I would have to be attracted, clothes on, then the rest would be an interesting exploring, depending on what point she was in the process. I would be open to whatever as a bisexual.

No

Yes, absolutely. I have before & would again.

Many of the trans women I know are very intelligent and posses feminine qualities. They also typically advocate for equal rights for LGBTQ & people of color, which I admire.

Gender & sexuality are both a spectrum.

Rossi Level 4 Jan 28, 2018

Not for me no. I think and analyze a lot, and wouldn’t be able to get over that one

No thank you.

Would depend on the personality and if there was any chemistry there. Never had the situation come up that I was aware of.

I wouldn't mind.

I'd like to find out more about them too...their lives, interests etc...

Yes

Just depends on the person

Sure I would. And maybe I have already and didn’t know.

UUNJ Level 8 Dec 20, 2018

I would not rule it out. I have known trans persons nd some of them are really interesting thinkers.

Thank you for all the comments. I was surprised when I was first faced with this question, that I couldn't answer it myself. But then I realized that it is primarily a lack of knowledge & information. I have several friends who are trans women (MTF), but I have never met a trans man (FTM). Therefore, I have no idea if it would even be possible for me to be attracted to one. Moot point now, since I am married. But I will say this, I would almost certainly have said no when I was younger, before I had kids.The idea of not being able to have kids, or having to go through IVF (stressful & very expensive) would have been an issue for me.

I honestly don't know. I doubt it, though. I've never even met a trans person, so I don't know how I'd react.

Correction... You are unaware o ever meeting a trans person. With some you would never know unless they volunteered the info.

That's true, snytiger6. I always assumed they would be pretty obvious, but the 1st time I met one I had no idea & I knew her before the change. It was really quite remarkable. And I know a trans women whose biography I reviewed on Amazon, she actually had a guy who slept with her call her a liar, because he honestly couldn't tell at all.

Maybe! Someone with a dick & TiTs WoW

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7647
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.