Agnostic.com

4 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nail this liar in 9 words please

This was really good.

This guy makes some good points, but I don't think Peterson is being deliberately dishonest. I think he just has some honest holes in his worldview that he hasn't worked the wrinkles out of yet. And I don't think his views on religion are baseless nonsense. I think he comes closer than anyone else I know to getting it right on religion, and I don't think he is an apologist for a literalist interpretation of religion; he knows the metaphorical interpretation like the back of his hand, and uses it as his primary vehicle in his lectures. He's a complicated guy, but not a fool.

skado Level 9 May 8, 2018

IDK I'm posting another article about him today; [reason.com]

"Peterson thinks there is ancient, pre-rational wisdom and human wiring in both our DNA and our oldest religions. They combine to produce archetypes and archetypal behavior that we are better off understanding and respecting than tossing aside in the name of modernity or revolution. It's Old Testament–style rules, animal-kingdom mating patterns, and Disney movie mythology (no, really), not conflict avoidance, enforced equality of outcomes, and the death of God. It's Allan Bloom's Western Civ and Robert Bly's masculinity pep talks refracted through Jung and Nietzsche, with some Paglia-esque genre hopping to spice things up.

@zblaze
Good article, thanks.

Never herd of Jordan Peterson, but my first impression of him is that he is just "a dick"... like my first impression of Bill O'Riley, Mitt Romney or Donald Trump.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76528
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.