Agnostic.com

1 3

Evangelical fervor

Has anyone had experience of seeing the effect of radical American Evangelical on remote populations?

I lived and worked in The Republic of Nauru people would sing for many hours and be whipped into a trance like state Easter was truly scary as they flagelated some of the congregation and had a mock crucifixion. I lived a few hundred yards from one of the churches... I then found out that this new fervor had amplified since the arrival of American Evangilists ... interested to hear your experiences.

Angelamelek 7 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the evangelical environment were I live, college religion faculty mistake 'transcendence' for ecstatic moments. And these guys are PhDs. Oh, wait, my mistake. They graduated from seminary where there's absolutely no bias in the 'research'. Ha ha ha ha

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7676
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.