Agnostic.com

5 0

Steven Hawking: The Grand Design

For those agnostics who are still on the fense, please watch this awesome commentary from the most brilliant mind since Einstein...C.Hitchens would have enjoyed this, I am positive!

Granolagirl 5 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Big Bang is a unproven, ridiculous theory. Based on false assumptions

gater Level 7 May 10, 2018

Could you please specify the assumptions which are false?

@Squirrel Sure - the BB claims all the matter of the Universe was contained in a singularity which exploded into what we see today. I laugh at how retarded this is. 1st space is infinite and eternal. There was no beginning of the Universe, and it does extend forever.

@gater

@Squirrel It requires logic - the Universe is either finite or infinite - only 2 options - It can not be finite because what would lie outside of a finite Universe? Only more space. So we know the Universe is not finite. As for the beginning - we're only talking about empty space, that's something that just is - space can not be created or destroyed - so we know its always been here.

It's too early to settle on any theory of Universal origin, but one thing is certain, however: the correct theory will not be decided by a comparison of ridiculousness!

@Kohelath The Universe is infinite - and had no beginning. The Big Bang attempts to explain a beginning, ignoring all Logic.

Watch what?

Hawking was a smart guy but he was way off - The Universe has always been here - it had no beginning.

gater Level 7 May 10, 2018

No beginning based on??

@IamNobody Logic - space can not be created or destroyed - by definition there was no beginning and it extends forever. Hawking thought the Universe is finite - it isn't.

@gater you're saying that your logic is based on a statement you just cannot prove. At least Hawing based his work in observation, thought process and mathematics. Based on the fact that the universe is expanding (red vs blue shift from distant stars, nebulas, galaxies or any other source of light for that matter) its a fair conclusion to establish that yesterday's universe was smaller than today. Therfore it is converging if you run the "movie" backwards and here is where mathematics comes handy (trust me, Stephen was a little better than you on this department), the model bring the beginning of the universe all the way back to the first 300 nanoseconds of existance. Stephen explained time and again why science cannot see beyond that limitation imposed by mother nature but that has not been a reason strong enough to stop looking. As far as investigation, research, observation, physics and mathematics it is safe to say the universe started 300 nanoseconds before of what we really know, which is more than your logic just telling you it has existed forever an likely you pulled that one from your rear or your logic spell God as an ethernal source all over. Either way, that's fine just do not compare yourself with Hawking.

@IamNobody Hawking got it wrong - Reality is endless space - extending infinitely beyond what we can ever see. To think it could end proves to me he couldn't grasp this simple concept.

@gater ....ok, not God crap...just a troll....ok, have it your way. Good for you that you can grasp this simple concept.

@TheAstroChuck Alright - what is your proof the universe is finite?

@IamNobody Why don't you explain to me what lies beyond this finite universe of yours?

@TheAstroChuck You have no respect for logic. And I have no respect for those who have no respect for logic. from "Twins" but it seems appropriate here

@TheAstroChuck You have no clue of my understanding of Logic. Why don't you tell me what lies beyond your finite Universe? - Or do you let others do your thinking for you?

@TheAstroChuck just what I thought - you have no answer for what lies outside of your finite Universe

@TheAstroChuck Aristotle claimed the same thing. Many of Einsteins theories have been proven wrong, Hawking has been proven wrong.
science-news-stephen-hawking-big-bang-proved-wrong-physics-general-relativity

@gater I seem to remember that time Hawking recanted his previous statements, citing your statements as for why. He then went on to win dancing with the stars.

logic has no relevance in physics, that is a completely different field. Hoyle proposed the Steady State THEORY, which was disproved by the discovery of the microwave background radiation, which confirmed Hawking's proposal,

@magicwatch Logic is very relevant in seeking the truth.

@magicwatch And you brought up steady state - I didnt

@gater your quote on may 10th "Hawking was a smart guy but he was way off - The Universe has always been here - it had no beginning." = steady state ?

On the fence about what?

Sorry to rain on your parade but the name is Stephen and The Grand Design is a book....unless you intended to provide a link?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78168
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.