Agnostic.com

8 3

LINK Now we know what will happen when the sun dies

Just in case you're wondering, scientists now think they have the deets on what will transpire when the sun dies. (It will be gorgeous!)

BookDeath 8 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

who ever is left will get cooked.

This is old news. Scientists have known the aging progression for stars for many decades. Our sun is going to continue to cool down, swell up, and eventually engulf the Earth, until a reaction occurs that causes it to become a nebula, and it will certainly engulf quite a bit of celestial bodies. However, depending on a certain variable (probably its mass, I don't remember clearly, this is from eighteen years ago), it will contract and develop a gravitational field so strong, it will classify as a black hole.

Don't forget to shut off the lights.

godef Level 7 May 10, 2018

Here's the link:

[nbcnews.com]

Somehow, the website was added like 3 times in a row to the link.

404 Page Not Found.

It's been know for a while that it will swell up in 5 or so billion years. Humanity will have to find the way to have gone somewhere else by then because the sun will engulf the earth an nothing, absolutely and utterly nothing will survive. That's the course of a star when the fuel runs out. It's actually amazing that it will last for that long, unless someone didn't do his homework and got the numbers wrong....opphhss is not going to cut it !!!

I love the sun. ??

Will we need protective eyewear to view it?

Yes, but Trump will look directly into it lol

@BookDeath I think I will get some anyway ..just in case.

lol Hitchens 🙂

@Piece2YourPuzzle I would very much like to send that man into space without a spacesuit.

@Piece2YourPuzzle I meant Trump.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.