Agnostic.com

7 2

1. Should religion be allowed?

1. Religions are cults that are accepted. Shouldn't we fight against the ideas and policies that allow them to spread?

2. Shouldn't we require proof that their claims are true before we give them any allowances?

Answer guide:
My answer is 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. Yes

• 14 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 9 votes
x0lineage0x 6 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a strong believing in freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and freedom of religion. We should oppose religion through open debate. I was raised in religion and Iā€™m the only member of my family to be an atheist. I would strongly oppose any government that wanted to imprisson my family for being religious

Simply banning religion will, I believe, achieve nothing. We need to fight the delusion on which it's based.

Yep.

Fighting for truth is fine, but people have the right to believe whatever they want. Just be happy in the fact that you can criticize and make fun of their beliefs publicly.

Tejas Level 8 May 11, 2018

Personal freedoms trump personal beliefs as long as said freedoms do not bring any physical harm to another. I would fight against someones beliefs if they were withholding medical care to heal someone by faith but I have no issue with religion as a whole.

If you are providing an "answer guide" then your stats won't be good..... Just throwing that out there

It was an example vote not an example of what vote to give.

@x0lineage0x oky doky, duly noted now

What a question, it is like asking people "should people be allowed to think freely".

Yes, I think people have the right to make bad decisions. Allowing people to make bad decisions if they like is more fundamental to me than controlling others, as long as they do not harm others. Now (harming others) without their agreement; that's a totally different fishy kettle!
I don't think anyone knows everything, oh just a minute...there was this one guy on this site...but I've forgotten who it was now šŸ˜‰.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:78891
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.