Agnostic.com

3 1

Doesn’t it annoy you when you’re around people and all they seem to worry about is bad spirits?

I invited some friends over one time so everyone could enjoy a good girls night in when watching movies and eating popcorn and one of my friends invited her friends and all she seems to be focused on was freaking demons and evil spirits and saying things like,” movies like this isn’t of the Lord and this is how bad spirits come in.” I ended up having a good conversation with her and later asked her to politely leave. It just seems ridiculous people would actually worry about childish things like that when life have more to offer. I’m not trying to be mean, but some people like that must have some kind of mental illness. She was talking about pleading in the blood of Jesus and everything to ward of evil spirits because they can’t cross that sacred blood, which is something that always disgusted me. If their God can’t destroy this devil and his bad followers because apparently their God can’t destroy what he’s created, he must not be worth worshipping because this is just nonsense. I find it a little strange how he could kill all those people in the Bible, though, who were blameless and the wicked, but can’t destroy the devil. Those people were his creations, too. It’s like people can’t think and listen to reason, let alone even try to hear reason. They really believe the devil and his demons sit in Hell laughing at people like us because hey have us tricked, but this God has yet to prove himself real to everyone’s understanding. Smh at this nonsense.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just remember if their going to believe something cause its in a book then when it comes to manipulation its first come first served. Basically the bible manipulates weak minded people and keeps them from doing stupid things for themselves. I get you have good intensions, but can you really say that the person or people you tell these ideas to will have the same intensions as you. Just think about how they treat you just because they think they will be saved from death. If not the bible then what other nonsense will they turn to for immortal life. I heard there was once this lady who either drank or bathed in human blood cause she believe it would sustain herself. Some people are just beyond reason its like they say "the common mans a fool"

you did the right thing

She sounds paranoid.

Very.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.