Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK David Goodall: 104-year-old scientist to end own life in Switzerland | Australia news | The Guardian

I’m glad he had the resources to travel to Switzerland to do this. I don’t think he should have had to though. I’d love to wage a legal battle to open up California’s right-to-die laws.

SurvivorSteph 6 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Right to die? ever hear of a bottle of sleeping pills and a bottle of whiskey? Easy to kill yourself painlessly

gater Level 7 May 13, 2018

Good point, but people shouldn’t have to resort to that.

@SurvivorSteph Resort? - you fall asleep and die, painlessly

Good for him. It must be terrible to suffer because of other people's morals. We're about to vote on abortion in Ireland in about 2 weeks. I think euthanasia will be next.

I live in Australia and we have just got threw in on of the state that you can end your own life, but only if you have and illness and will die withing 6 months. Nobody's business if I want to end it, I think.

That’s the law in California too, with the addition that you must be cognitively intact. Which is a huge letdown for those with Alzheimer’s and similar ailments. Personally, I think we should be able to add a clause to our advanced healthcare directives which gives explicit instructions to terminate at a certain point of mental incapacity.

Agree. It's his life, he gets to choose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80068
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.