Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Life is easier with a capsule wardrobe - The Washington Post

I didn't realize it, but this is what I did back in the day when I had to worry about dressing in business attire. I had a capsule wardrobe! Who knew? (Now, since I'm working mainly behind the scenes in a job that's super-casual and no-one cares, I'm in my usual cargos, chinos, or occasional jeans. Not even business casual. Just totally dressed down.)

BookDeath 8 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I tend to dress for what I'm going to do - actor/ musician.
Generally people say I dress casual nice, but if all you have is nice clothes....it's not difficult.

A lot of great minds limit their wardrobe to a few items. It frees up just a little more time each day for other things. It's very utilitarian, but it's also one less thing to worry about.

I think this mix-and-match approach is kind of how most men handle their wardrobe. Nearly every shirt I own can be worn with any pair of pants without much difficulty (though tossing on a tie may take some finessing, as some colors and patterns clash a bit). Suit jackets usually need to match a little better, though, but even then it doesn't necessarily pose a problem with most business-wear. I always figured more women should do this, too, rather than have the blouse-skirt-shoes ensemble that can be worn only in that one combination effectively. It just seems more efficient to have interchangeable tops and bottoms and a few pairs of shoes where at least one simple footwear selection will match. And it's way cheaper to have several interchangeable articles rather than tons of complete outfits. I didn't realize anyone had coined a term for it, but the pragmatist in me likes the concept.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80189
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.