Agnostic.com

11 1

Anyone else get brain fog?

I'm recently experiencing mild dizziness/brain fog and it feels like my head has been stuffed with pillows.

I've had this a few years ago, and it went away on its own. It sounds trivial but it actually feels quite debilitating.

Using the Internet to try and research what could be causing it is proving frustrating.

I've learned so far that dizziness, vertigo and brain fog can be caused by anything from anxiety and lack of sleep to loose crystals in the semi-circular ear canals and food sensitivities/allergies.

I'd be very interested to know if other people have experienced the same symptoms and what remedies have worked, if any.

Ellatynemouth 8 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure is related..... As I keep getting old, I have noticed lately that I drop thing often and piss me off, also I am starting to strggle to remember simple things like a song on the radio while driving and I know the song but can't tell who sings it (it was Taylor Swift and her name came up after miles of pure frustration)... Not sure its brain fog or not, certainly it's NOT fun

I had it for about a month and then had a stroke. Turns out I was having several mini strokes.

Oh my goodness!

To much coffee gets me in trouble...

I have fibromyalgia so , yes,

Hows your amonia levels.

I don't know... I'll look into that too. Thank you

I have nothing to add from what the others have said. That being said: Isn't that where Joe jumps into the Volcano? Brain fog (or cloud).

@ProudMerry I hadn't heard that term, until the movie, for decades. It is a very weird term. 🙂 And while I like CCR's version of Proud Mary -- I still like Ike and Tina Turner's version better.

@ProudMerry I understand. It's kinda like Ozzy Osborne, I like the music but wouldn't want to live next door to him. I never saw the movie, but I did see them live many decades ago... 🙂 A great show.

Check your medication. A lot of them can cause brain fog.

I am pretty much in a permanent brain fog due to my medical issues. Most of the time it isn't really that bad though; just messes with my concentration.

I have narcolepsy. Brain fog is part of my day to day existence and has been for years. The only thing that I find dispels it is expensive or dangerous medication that I would not recommend. ?

Sorry you suffer with that.

Every morning since whenever according to the net I should have died when I was 15!!

Crikey!

Are you on prescription medications? I had similar symptoms when I was on several medications. Turns out my all- knowing and so sharp doctors had made some " mistakes" and prescribed too many meds and there were several major drug interaction warnings that none of them mentioned to me. That's when I learned that " side effects" are real, that they are more than " mild and rare" and that doctors rarely pay attention to the warnings on medication labels.

Thank you. No, I'm not on medications. Sorry you went through that.

Yes. Everyday for years. I have fibromyalgia and since this flare started I have been in continous pain and brain fog.

Sometimes vitamin B complex can help. But I have no solution because it's caused by my pain which isn't fixable.

Thank you. I'll look into B vitamins.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.