Agnostic.com

9 2

When did you know that your take on the world was different from the masses?

When did you know that your take on the world was different from the masses? When your atheism was more certain than other options.

TonyW 4 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Highschool. I had one of the coolest Dads, ever. He was with the nation of Islam. My Mom was, and, is still a Christan. I, also, was getting tired of women being to blame for all of the world's misery. So, it was time for a revolition. My parents were my inspiration. And, me. I have remained an Atheist, ever since. Born one, dying one.

One of the more common themes of religion is the oppression of women. The consistency across beliefs is very impressive and the conclusions are blatantly irrational. This became one of the core revelations that religion is used as a control for the selfish benefit of men. And it is quite sad. A situation where people are seeking an answer to their own meaning and a response exploiting that search at the expense of... women. Smh.

@TonyW Thank you for your comment. That is why I appreciate my Dad. He knew how I was feeling. My Mom seems to not mind being oppressed. They are really brainwashed to believe that they deserve this ridicule. We are intelligent, and, they feel threatened, jealous.It is really ridiculous.

When I started fervently praying for truth and took the verse, "study to show yourself approved by god" literally.

If more believers read their holy scriptures...

Not sure about the atheism part, but I was in kindergarten when I realized my views and actions were different from most of the rest of the world.

Very young, before I even started kindergarten.

I think I had an idea when I was young, nerd in class always asking questions young. But I was not encouraged to continue exploring my questions and concerns. My inner scientist made them personal scientific quests. Only when I got older did I try them as real world applications.

Im still working on me to be a man with educated answers to quote when im hit with the christian question. I only know how i feel. I actually can't persuade anyone to think about my truth. They are hard core religious. So i don't talk about it.

The devout religious don’t annoy me. True faith is beautiful to me. The ones that bug me are the blindly, irrationally committed ones that know they have the answer for you. The ones that do because they “are unquestionably right”. They then insist you them or be judged. Uh oh, I’ve got 15min to special address our “gap”.

@TonyW i hear you... point taken.

Never didnt.

When I was 5. Everyone on my block (parents included) were for Kennedy. At the time I didn't understand that -- the crowds screaming for JFK. So I was for Nixon (see where that got me?). It wasn't until a few years later when The Beatles 'invaded' the US that I was able to define that I don't like the charisma that some people have. They can walk into a room as sway people simply be being there. They are rare, but they do exist.

Yes, I think I have a lemming sense. The new artists, the best sentiment, the best candidate has been declared. My inner lemming goes off and I slowly start to back out of whatever is suddenly “absolutely popular”. Maybe too many sci-fi movies on my end but I really don’t want to be part of the duped masses.

I grew up in AZ, and was subjected to Mormonism. By the time I graduated high school, I knew there was something wrong. Questions that couldn't be answered was the big clue for me.

I live in Arizona, too. I see all of these Mormon churches. They look weird. I saw some Mormons in my neighborhood. The could try to come by if they want. It won't be pleasant. ??

I'm not that arrogant.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80266
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.