8 1

Catholic school and church

I used to pass out in church. and the image of a near naked man nailed to a stick was not inspiring, it was frightening.this all started the very first time I was in church and never let up. Not until I just stopped going.

By michaelj
Options Favorite Like

8 comments

Good for you.

Marine Level 8 May 16, 2018

It's meant to be frightening.
Part of the game.

Slappy_Longarms Level 7 May 16, 2018

Creepy indeed...

SpikeTalon Level 8 May 16, 2018

Dontcha just love those dresses the Bishops wear? Aren't they just to die for? 😎

Sticks48 Level 8 May 16, 2018

I find all the Catholic imagery creepy. The bloody crucified Jesus, the stained glass, statues of Mary ... it always has and probably always will give me the heebee geebees.

AaronScardina Level 4 May 16, 2018

I was brought up Protestant, and crucifixes and other representations of the crucifixion startled me when I first encountered them. They didn't frighten me, but I always thought them utterly revolting and avoided looking at them. I still do.

Coffeo Level 7 May 16, 2018

Do they not think if jesus does come back the last thing he is going to want to see is his ass nailled to the wall I mean come on give the guy a warm welcome

LeeMurray Level 5 May 16, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!