Agnostic.com

3 0

Any kiwis here?

Wondering if we have any other New Zealanders in the community?

Plumley 2 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well you can share the site with people you know (and get valuable points 🙂 ) I've been to your great country and although I believe it has more sheep than people, maybe you could get a sheep to join 🙂 Many Americans might not know that New Zealand has the same geography as the U.S. in a country the size of California, glaciers, glow worm caves, hot springs, fjords etc. But if you go, beware of the wacky (to us not them) signs! I was driving a rental car (a Ford) in the south island on my way to Picton to take the ferry to Wellington when all of a sudden I see a yellow diamond sign like our yield signs, that read "FORD !" I got a bit scared, do they shoot people driving Fords here? As it turns out, and per the dictionary, ford also means bridge, like a ford over the water. Other signs like "Slippery When Frosty" and "Wandering Stock" were fun (in the U.S. we have common and preferred stocks). Hope you find some Kiwis to share this site with.

lerlo Level 8 May 20, 2018

A very good friend from work years ago, came up with the idea that we would go to New Zealand and go across the country riding motorcycles... It never happened, he already retired...... The idea still lingers in the back of my head. Certainly it's a beautiful country

You should. It's a beautiful part of the world.

@Plumley it's in my bucket list...and the bucket may start to overflow soon

No but I have a classmate that lives there! I would love to visit sometime, looks like a beautiful place to live.

It sure is. We're very lucky.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.