Agnostic.com

12 1

If the Judeo-Christian God was proven to be real, would you worship him?

Jchristen 3 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the Judeo-Christian God was real It would be evil and not worth worshiping. There is more to the Bible than one learns at Sunday School.

Yes. I used to be a conservative Bible believing Christian, because my Christian leaders told me that there was a huge amount of evidence that proved the existence of the Christian god.

But then I studied the evidence in depth, while I was a student in a conservative Christian minister's school. studying to be a minister and professional Christian apologist. It was abundantly clear that my Christian leaders had deliberately lied to me. The "evidence" was pathetic and would be laughable if it had not done so much damage to the lives of so many Christians. So I became an Atheist/Agnostic.

I've described and refuted some of this Christian "evidence" on my YouTube channel. Here's a link to it. (You'll have to copy and paste the link. I couldn't get it to link directly.)

www.youtube.com/user/freethinkersbooks

It is a Channel woth watching!

No.

I don't do worship.

You forgot Muslims (or whatever they called themselves in Abraham's time). No I would not worship him in any way -- he wants one to be perfect, spend one's life worshiping him -- I'd rather go to hell where all the cool people are.

Absolutely not, I would also like to ask it which one is higher than you!

Absolutely not. I expect deities to conform to higher standards than my kids lived up to when they were five.

Nah, it lacks morals. If that was real, I’d probably go with Satan. Or whatever demigod rules the antithesis.

Nope.

If its characteristics were the same as outlined in biblical texts, I'd rather spend an entirety in torment knowing I'm morally superior, rather than worship a being so morally corrupt

I would have some questions for that god. Like why let so many suffer under the rule of the corrupt? Why would you go out of your way to do miracles in the past when people can only record those miracles on stone/writing. Yet avoid doing anything at all in a time that most people have a high definition video camera in their pocket? Why leave evidence that the universe wasn't created by you but by fairly explainable phenomenon? You seem to want people to doubt your existence, not worship you.

I for one would not as I view him as a genocidal maniac but i wish to hear the thoughts of others on the matter

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.