Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK New Zealand 'people's' budget sees Ardern put billions more into health and education | World news | The Guardian

Major announcements in the budget include a $3.2bn increase in health spending, a commitment to build an extra 1,600 properties for public housing every year, cheaper doctor’s visits for half a million people (and free for those under 14), $450m for new schools, and $300m to recruit new police officers.

The education sector was also a priority, with early childhood education receiving an extra $590.2m over four years, $284m for children with special needs and spending on new classrooms and schools and teachers totalling $394m.

Rugglesby 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like they prefer people .

...& 'straya limping far behind, business as usual. ah, well, i can always return to good ole europe.

Iceland looks better and better. Our government sucks, but, they were elected.
So, the majority of voters suck.
We are doing nothing to change things.

@Rugglesby, & because the majority of voters suck - apart from not really having much choice (even the greens bending over backwards to satisfy corporate interests) - i'm feeling so extraordinarily well & at home here in my virtual community. iceland too bloody cold for me.

I'm going to NZ to live. I love me some Hobbits.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84920
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.