Agnostic.com

6 2

Plastic backpacks/book bags

What is your opinion on them in relation to schools/sporting events?

NOTE: Please be respectful of other opinions and this post isn't asking about them as an alternative to gun reform but as a stand alone measure.

Crimson67 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have their purpose

When I was in Jr High, it became mandatory here. You had a choice between clear or mesh backpacks. But, my town is also in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most churches per square capita. And after Columbine, the county voted for or against school uniforms (khaki pants/shorts/skirts and navy blue/black/white shirts) that actually got vetoed against by the parents but the school enforced it anyways.

We’ve never had a school shooting, bombing, etc. This BS has been going on for a lot longer than what people think. It’s just getting more media attention now.

What next, clear purses? How about clear clothes to make sure you're not hiding something within them? Oh yeah, we would need to shave our heads too since some people have been caught hiding contraband in their hair. We will also need cavity searches; can't risk having a gun in our snatch or anus. Yes, I know this is ludicrous, but you get my point.

We don't need knee jerk reaction laws. We need to address what is causing the problem instead of trying to eliminate the symptom. Right now the NRA has made sure Congress is unable to do studies on gun violence. We need to reverse that and get to the root. Only then will we be able to stop this.

Why the glib catchphrase? kiramea has a point.

Like they do in all the other countries?

I haven't heard it done in other countries. Can you please give examples and links?

@kiramea l was being facetious. Other countries have sensable gun laws. We are a country of idiots.

It's a viable option.
At least it's an attempt at actually DOING something.

I think clear plastic bags or back packs are a good idea.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.