Agnostic.com

5 1

What are your thoughts on the idea that if something goes right in your life it is because God did it and if something is wrong it is because Satan did?
When did we stop taking responsibility for all our actions??

smilnjan 6 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you gotta find a way to explain the parts that don't make sense when youre making a claim that contradicts itself

The only instance in the bible where "Satan" does anything of note is in Job when he tortures Job (with the permission of God). So if bad things happen it's because God told Satan he could do it so it was part of God's plan/God's fault.

That, or the person saying that it's Satan's fault is unknowingly acknowledging that Satan is more powerful than God. They get flustered when you point this out.

if you have to thank him for the blessings, you have to blame god for the bad too. god's will right?

I think you will enjoy this link. People are afraid of death and will use any excuse to justify what happens in life, to gain favor with their god.

OMG (and for me, it's goodness) - you hit the nail on the head! People are afraid of death, but it is going to happen to everyone. 🙂
And thanks for that link - it is just insane. Just insane. SMH

Glad you enjoyed it.

The god concept doesn't allow God to do evil things. When God condones things like slavery, rape and mass genocide, the slavery it turns out is gentle slavery, kind and loving. The rape is gentle and kind and consenting rape and the mass genocide is because the people were just deserving of it and it's a good thing. It blows my mind how people can allow their beliefs to override their humanity and sense of justice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.