Agnostic.com

2 3

During slavery, whites used Christianity to force slaves to accept their situation. Slaves not only lost their freedoms, but their entire culture. Would the continuation of Christianity among the African American community count as a type of Stockholm Syndrome?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey.... you said whites... that's gutting me personally.... my family came over on the boat. We didnt own slaves..... hell... my ancestors were killed off as pagans and the rest of us were force fed christianity..... we were bought and sold by our own people too.

This is not new, even in Rome, Constantine made Christianity the official religion of th the empire because of it's obvious pro slavery stance.
Suffer now, be rewarded in heaven.
The Egyptians enslaved Jews for exactly the same reason, they saw it as their lot to suffer.

New or not, it is still sick.

@Jessipoo You will not find me disagreeing

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.