Agnostic.com

12 6

What spices do you frequently use? Or do you make your own?

I use Tony's sometimes. The majority of the time I use my own. I have found that I'm not good at making hicory smoked salt so I have to buy it. Then I combine other spices to it to make my own rub. I use bay leaves in the majority of my seafood cooking. Maybe a little gengar.
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Red pepper
Black pepper
Hot paprika
This is just every day seasonings
What do use use.

BucketlistBob 8 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unfortunately, I have to go simple or none. Otherwise, my kids won’t eat it.

TonyW Level 4 May 21, 2018

If you like it yourself, start with easy ones, and just a little bit. A little bit more every time. They'll get used to it eventually. πŸ™‚

I use some of what you have but stay away from spices with added sodium. I like Italian seasonings & Cilantro.

Oh.... I use Italian dressing as a presoak for my deboned chicken thighs...
Mm mmmm. I admit I use hickory salt rub.

Cayenne, cinnamon, red curry powder, black pepper, garlic powder, fresh garlic, oregano, mixed "Italian seasoning", ginger, basil, and nutmeg are the ones I use most often.

Most of what has already been mentioned and I'm adding cumin and cayenne.

Oh! And cinnamon in my seven bean chili. Learned that from Emeril. Yum! I know what's for dinner now! (From the freezer.)

Yummmm...

I love lemon pepper, paprika..... and depends what I'm in the mood to cook. No limits in what I will try to cook next. ? I always look to use fresh as much as possible. It all depends in what I am creating.

Yummmm..

The one I use the most is Pensy's Fox Point.
It's absolutely delicious on baked potatoes.
I'm also a big fan of garlic.

Same plus tumeric,cloves and cuman

Use separately?

@BucketlistBob Tumeric and cuman can be used together sparsely.

I use lemon pepper the most,im not much of a cook,most of my life I would eat my beans strait from the can just to save time.

Dried thyme, basil, rosemary, sage, marjoram, oregano, curry powder, paprika, turmeric, black and white pepper, garlic salt, encona sauce, fresh garlic, tomato puree, tamari sauce.

Thyme is my favourite.

Sounds good!

\M/ Thyme!!! ❀

Liked yours I made a copy.

I'm a Thyme monkey... and I like tellicherry pepper. and pink salt.

Cool..

My favorite spice is actually a mix: Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning. It's just salt, red pepper, black pepper, and garlic, but they must have the ratio just right and use good sources. I put it on pretty much everything except the sweet stuff.

I can't read most of the labels in your picture, but I see the gumbo filΓ© in there. I only use that in actual gumbo. And I see the Accent. That's an oh-hell-no guaranteed six-hour-long migraine for me.

vita Level 7 May 21, 2018

I make choices depending on the company. Heres another tenderizor i use.

Couldn't have that either. Doesn't adhere to the diet. But it wouldn't make me sick or anything.

I like those Italian spice blends. powdered garlic, but actual garlic is better. black pepper, cilantro can be really good on stuff, you got a good-looking list there though man.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.