Agnostic.com

8 1

Why wouldn't you want to live forever

River-david 5 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bills forever, I don't think so!

Bills huh, you know know something of heartbreak for sure. They broke mine to. Go bills

Ah.... To quote Tuck Everlasting:-

"Do not fear death, but rather the unlived life. You don't have to live forever. You just have to live."

Life would eventually become mundane

Because, like wishing at age 6 you could just eat ice cream and pizza forever, we realize how monotonous that would be.

Hutch Level 7 May 21, 2018

A few reasons:

Whatever nasty entity granted the immortality request would probably make it really suck. You know, like no way to die even if you wanted to. The sun's gone entirely dead and the earth is a lifeless husk ... yet you continue. Forever.

Outliving everyone I love would suck.

After awhile, everything would be boring. You'd have to keep trying more and more extreme things just to feel anything at all.

vita Level 7 May 21, 2018

It still wouldn't be enough time to know the mind of a god and except the b's as necessary Evan assuming everyone I ever cared for was there.

I work better with a deadline.

I liked that alot,I wouldn't mind several hundred years though

After a while you would want to be disconnected from people because you would live forever and all your friends and family would die around you...

In the shape that people are destroying this planet their might not be much left to live on...

But also, you would have to live in hiding and change your identity all the time. Because you know that if people found out you were immortal then they would want to lock you up so they could run tests on you so they could reproduce it.

This is all assuming that you are living forever not aging...it would suck to live forever and be stuck in a nursing home or something because you could not do anything for yourself...

Even if I could deposit my conscious in a digital form to a super computer I would still want it to be finite. You make a lot of good points .

Because that's what the song says??....

On a second thought, do I get to stay young, healthy, wealthy, good looking, athletic, smart with musician skills and able to party like crazy with no consequences????? .... Then that's a sound yes !!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:86898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.