Agnostic.com

13 1

If you could pick a God or certain religion/mythology, which would you prefer?

WesTank 3 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Myself...ish

Zeus. No question.

His pantheon can come along too. If there is a god it’s going to be as ridiculous as the humans it controls.

I like Shamanism in the Americas ala Carlos Castaneda even though I know that it's exaggerated and fictionalized. What religion isn't?

Odin... if your going to dream, dream big.

Pastafarian

Native American spirituality I do lean towards where we are connected to nature and earth. I also like Greek mythology and find it very interesting. Wiccan is another one that intrigues me a lot.

I'm a Subgenius in my spare time. Seems like my time is always spare though. It doesn't seem to get in the way of my Devout Agnosticism, though...I can always bobbity bobbity bob bob to the beat without hearing the rhythm, if you get my rift.

I've been drawn to Norse mythology and I'm pushing to study more of it. The gods come off as reckless and bold. They're strong and not excluded from being "human". Same goes with Greek and Roman gods. No one has to pretend that they're perfect. No one cares if someone despises them. Just pray to another god to back you lol. But having already studied the Greek gods, I'm more familiar with those stories. I'd probably have to pick Greek mythology for that reason.

Ember Level 4 Dec 16, 2017

Tolkien's early works were based on Norse mythology. His story of Turin Turambar was based on the Finnish tale of Kullervo.

Manwe and the rest of the Ainur.

d_day Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

aphrodite

The monotheistic religion created by Akhenaten, Tutankahmen's father. It's straight up weirdo sun cult worship of the Aten, the sun as creator/destroyer, which it is. Either that, or join my cat's Bast cult, since it involves cats.

Cthulhu... Why not.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 17, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8713
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.