Agnostic.com

12 0

What happens afterwards.

I am very curious your views on what happens after you die? I believe we won't know until afterwards but I am curious what are your views?

CoryFunk 4 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are stardust...and before we all burst into song maybe we do go back to nothingness eventually in however many billions of years when the universe ceases to exist however at this point in time (whatever that may be) our energy and consciousness returns to source/universe collective consciousness to be redistributed

How long did everything exist before you were born? Remember any of it? Or were you born and slowly gained consciousness and sentience? Boom. Lights out. You won’t care because you can’t care. Feelings are a product of complex biological systems working in harmony. Like a bucket of rocks can’t care about anything because it doesn’t have a brain, much less a functioning one.

TL;DR: Your corpse will rerun to its natural elements and your consciousness ceases to exist.

Deemo Level 4 May 22, 2018

@PendragonWales67 I love your post here and think along the same lines although maybe with not quite so many words 🙂

How long did everything exist before you were born? Remember any of it? Or were you born and slowly gained consciousness and sentience? Boom. Lights out. You won’t care because you can’t care. Feelings are a product of complex biological systems working in harmony. Like a bucket of rocks can’t care about anything because it doesn’t have a brain, much less a functioning one.

TL;DR: Your corpse will rerun to its natural elements and your consciousness ceases to exist.

Deemo Level 4 May 22, 2018

I thought this was another question about sex.

Don't care, I won't be there, but I hear I will have a smoking hot body.

Worm food !

Same as you were before you were born, except hopefully you will have made a positive difference in the world and people will remember you fondly, or you might leave a legacy behind for others to build upon.

The unknown is so much larger than the known so it's hard to guess. It's like if someone set a box in front of you and asked "What do you think is inside?" but the box has no defined size, weight, or any other measurable characteristic. You just know the box exists. Pretty much anything could be in it, but knowing isn't possible. So the only thing that you can conclude is there either is something, or nothing, in the box.

Very interesting

@criztoferlee1 maybe a touch of the Schrodingers there

You rejoin the nothingness you were before you were born.

Consciousness is fascinating really...And you will always get the worms crawl in and the worms crawl out sort of biting responses to this question because so many people on here associate any talk of what happens after death with theistic ideas. I think about how seasons repeat, cycles, the way stars collapse and reform, and how different the earth is from space. I feel like trying to see what will come after death is like trying to see a very big tapestry and that it would take a very long time to notice all the intricate designs. What do you think is happening right now? How aware are we in any given moment of what is happening in life?

you rot and become plant food

Not everyone some people get cremated.

Our bodies decompose and hopefully, become fertilizer for plants and trees. The end.

unless your cremated.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.