Agnostic.com

5 2

rural people

Any other rural farm or ranch people here besisdes myself?

misstuffy 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was raised country. Splitting wood, taking care of the poultry, working on a dairy farm milking and bucking hay. I miss it!!!!!!!! Well not the hay! But still. A pagan like me belongs in the country. I imagine such festivities!! No Sunday church goins, that's assured.

The area where I live abounds with fundamentalist Baptists, it is a bit uncomfortable around here. Can you imagine what would happen if they found an Atheist such as myself in their midst? I am already having trouble with my new neighbors and they have no idea I am a non believer.

@misstuffy Yes, you ironically have a good idea how a Christian pilgrim would feel wandering into a early Viking town!

@misstuffy Try this! Invite your friends over for a pot-luck bonfire! Light the area with tiki torch and maybe string lights put up as 5 pointed stars (very modern and ancient symbol) and see if they don't have fun. We can't reason them out of belief, can't fight em all. Best to subtly co-op them into accepting good people can not believe in a deity.

@PaganSoul I think I will pass on that. I live alone except for my livestock but I do plan to have my livelong friends down for a summer solstice dinner/campout

@misstuffy Nice.Do you still attend church as a social connection place?
If not, where do you find your people?

Aaaah, but you have the livestock to keep you company. 🙂

Yes I do. Goats have so much personality and love.

Not on a farm these days, I live in a rural area, 800 acres of wetlands across the road from me, an estuary about 10 doors away and the pacific ocean beyond that. Still too many people around for my liking though.

Live on something like an island in swamp/estuary land. If that counts. We do have wild-life. Plenty of birds, possums, rats, ...sea-lions not far off.

That sounds pretty cool. I have never seen a sea-lion except on tv. I live on a livestock farm.

Nice!
No, not me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.