Agnostic.com

10 2

LINK Tony Perkins: Accepting Transgender People Like Allowing Man Who Thinks He’s A Bird To Jump Off A Building

Tony Perkins, president of the anti-LGBTQ hate group Family Research Council and recent appointee to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, compared tolerating transgender people to allowing someone to jump off a building to their death.

On yesterday’s edition of “Washington Watch,” Perkins fielded a call from a listener who compared identifying as a transgender person to identifying as a cat. Perkins thanked the caller for making that point before offering his own analogy aimed at delegitimizing transgender people, similar to the way anti-equality conservatives in the 2000s equated same-sex marriage with bestiality.

zblaze 7 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This fool is an evil, evil person...another fine example of how religion rots reason!

My first thought was how could Tony Perkins the actor have said something so gross, until i looked him up to read that he died in 1992 of Aids related Pneumonia, something I also did not know. But this man is a typical Trump appointee, a bigot heading the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. How sick and ironic is that?

The day will come when "people" like this are filed away in that closet of shame where memories of people who equated black people with gorillas called gypsies sub humans reside alone and are referenced only as a warning from history.

Jazuz..sorry I couldn't listen to it..I live with B.S. daily..as a transwoman I've become thick skinned to ilks of FRC and Their hatred of anything LGBTQ..there hate is focused on Transpeople , for now.

I'm just shaking my head.... There are no words.

Tony Perkins the actor must be pissed off that this moron is using his name.

Accepting that Tony Perkins has anything Christ like about him is like; KKK loving black people.

I’d allow Perkins to jump off a building. Or any other structure, for that matter. His opinion currently means squat outside his own circles but, if Pence were given a promotion, I could see Perkins or Dobson becoming VP. Therefore, I’m praying he jumps soon.

A sick, stupid fuck. That is the very best l can say about him. I am sorry if l insulted the rest of the sick, stupid fucks out there. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:87760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.