Agnostic.com

3 0

Science vs. Religion

Do you believe religion and science are reconcilable? If no, why not? If yes, how?

Atee8keyz 3 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are independent of each other, Science is based on facts and religion is based on nothing but belief. How can science ever limit itself to a 6,000 year old earth, intelligent design and a bible of rules.
Science is completely on their own here. If it is not science then it cannot be compared on the same issues as the other. One is real and the other is shit

EMC2 Level 8 May 24, 2018

Why don't you say how you really feel? 🙂

@Atee8keyz I thought I did.

According to the von Neumann–Wigner interpretation of quantum mechanics consciousness is an essential component of reality. This does not prove any religious belief correct, but certainly leaves a lot of scientific room for religious beliefs.

Not really, because religion is the end of inquiry. As as soon as you assign a divine intent, you stop searching for rational answers. Religion tells you how it is, science is a means of determining how it actually is. That doesn’t seem particulaly compatible.

Religion doesn’t have a particularly good track record arguing with science.

I would agree with that. In science, we look for answers based on evidence. Religion, in my experience, has answers and searches, or rather cherry-picks, for the evidence to support them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:88411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.